Friday, October 06, 2006

Hey, remember me?

Wow, can't believe I'm actually posting. Basically, I gave up on the blog out of frustration. I was so disgusted with the last 6-8 weeks of the season that I just couldn't make myself take the time to blog about it. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

So what have I been doing with myself? I've taken up some healthier hobbies, like working out; cooking; spending more time with my family; doing Sudoku puzzles. Yes, I hate to say it, but my life has been just that much easier without the Red Sox in it. I no longer have to coordinate my schedule so that I don't miss the games. I didn't suffer needlessly knowing I would never get tickets to the playoffs. Hell, two weeks ago I paid $50 for two seats behind home plate at Fenway, just so I could go there one more time this year.

Now I'm sorta back into it, but for one reason: rooting against the Yankees. I don't care what else happens in the end, as long as the stupid Yankees lose. I hope Detroit messes up the Yankees. Bad.

As long as A-Rod keeps doing his thing, we should be OK, right?

2 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

The Yankees have gone south & Erica, it's grand to have you back:

I was at Fenway Park on September 2nd & had a marvelous time, despite the threat of Ernesto & the Red Sox Losing.

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger Jere said...

"I don't care what else happens in the end, as long as the stupid Yankees lose."

You just summed up my whole life. I've done 2 1/2 years of writing about this stuff, and what you said is what I really meant.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home